Designed for Industrial Control Systems, SerialGuardTM is a high-performance, fully passive, serial packet sniffer that enables secure visibility within vulnerable legacy networks. The fail-safe sensor passively monitors Level 0 and Level 1 serial communications between field devices and controllers and with the Cynalytica AnalytICS Engine Platform can reveal and help alert traffic anomalies that are indicative of a cyber-attack, physical-attack, or system misconfiguration.
The SerialGuard sensor:
- Collects serial communications data completely passively – physically unable to write to line
- Maintains serial communications in event of loss of power to sensor – Fail-Safe Operation
- Supports Protocol Agnostic RS-232 and RS-485/422
- Sends Encrypted Data to AnalytICS Engine
Detecting Malicious Data and Advanced Attacks
(False Feedback Attacks & Other Malicious Data)
Serial Communications Asset and Configuration Change Management
Troubleshooting and Diagnostics
ICS Serial Network Attack Scenarios
Enjoy a fast track route to securing your legacy ICS
We understand the challenges of aligning OT security and digital transformation projects – and we are here to help you.
Our Starter Kit offers you a fast track option to kick-start securing your legacy ICS while providing you with the technical support that delivers results today!
What you get with the Enterprise Starter Kit
- 3 SerialGuard Sensors
- 1-year AnalytICS Engine License for up to 5 SerialGuard Sensors
- Implementation Support & Applications Updates
Quotes available for international shipping.
SerialGuardTM installs in-line between field devices and controllers, enabling ICS operators to detect modern and commonly employed cyberattack techniques:
- Man-in-the-Middle Attacks: Captures interceptions and alterations of serial communications between field devices and controllers which go otherwise undetected
- Unauthorized Commands: Captures messages that instruct field devices to perform outside their expected functionality
- Reconnaissance: Enables operators to detect suspicious probes through the captured data packages
- Insider Threats: Captures all communications between field devices and controllers, enabling operators to detect unauthorized commands by malicious insiders
SerialGuardTM can be deployed across all industry verticals that utilize legacy field devices, including many critical infrastructure sectors listed by the US Department of Homeland Security. Typical industry integrations include:
- Electrical power generation, distribution, and transmission facilities
- Refineries and other oil-and-gas production facilities
- Water infrastructure and gas transmission infrastructure
- Maritime Transportation Systems (MTS)
- Nuclear reactors, materials, and waste sectors
- Railway and mass rapid transit systems
- Chemical production plants
- Industrial and manufacturing plants